Singsing is a SYN scan library born to be used on SCTPscan (is that project dead?). I decided to continue developing it because I was bored of the "working time" required by nmap and others scanners...
- Compatibility: see table below.
- Speed: fast SYN scanning.
- Small: just few KB.
|Compatibility List||Tested on||Interface type|
|Linux||i386||Working|| Slackware (Kernel 220.127.116.11)
Gentoo (Kernel 2.6.19 with grsec)
|ethernet & ppp|
|Sun Solaris||i386||Working||Solaris 9||ethernet|
|Sun Solaris||SPARC||Working||Solaris 9||ethernet|
|Mac OS X||i386||Working||10.4.6 (Darwin Kernel Version 8.9.1)||ethernet|
|Mac OS X||PPC||Working||10.3.9 (Darwin Kernel Version 7.9.0)||ethernet|
- Latest stable release can be downloaded here
- Current Changelog
- Browse the code: https://singsing.svn.sourceforge.net/
- Download: svn co https://singsing.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/singsing/
|fillippo.c||search for port 1080 and check if it's a free socks v4 & v5|
|ssh_scan.c||simple single port scanner|
|zucca.c||classic SYN scanner with options|
|zuccorale.c||active oracle scanner|
- This library will not work if compiled with 64bit support (-m64 of gcc).
- With more than 70KB/s of bandwidth the Linux kernel seems to loose packets.