The default method used by the library is very simple, just send SYN packets on the net and if we receive some SYN/ACK packets we push them on the results queue.
- If a packet has been received more time (for example due to TCP/IP retransmissions) there will be duplicates results.
- If a reply packet has been lost by the net we will never receive it.
This option is used to resolve the duplicated results problem due to TCP retransmissions and similar. Singsing will wait 30 seconds before releasing the result and will check for duplicated results in the queue.
- No duplicated results anymore.
- The result will be visible after 30 seconds.
SINGSING_SEGMENT_SCANThis options divides the scanning range in N segments (the number is decided from bandwidth and range) and sends single SYN packets to these segments. Tthis way (if the range is large) you will not flood the endpoint and the bandwidth usage of remote hosts will be low.
- The scan will not flood the remote network.
- This technique will not work on small networks.
SINGSING_SHOW_CLOSEDShow the closed ports in the results. The "type" variable of the results structure will be SINGSING_OPEN or SINGSING_CLOSE.
- You can see closed ports.
- If there is a lot of closed ports there will be an high memory usage.